DNA Travels On

This blog is designed to keep people in touch with the goings on of my time spent in Aringa, Uganda located in the Northwest part of the country during the summer and fall of 2006.

Name:
Location: Newark, Delaware, United States

Born in Scotland to an Englishman and American gal, I should have know that my life would end up being a mix of cultural experiences! First stop, Taipei, Taiwan.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ugandan Babes

Since I haven't posted anything in a while, I thought I'd change it up a little. Uganda has one of the highest fertility and highest population growth rates in the world. Walking along a rural Ugandan road, it is rare to find a woman without a baby on her back. Here are some glimpses of life in Uganda relating to the little tykes...





(From the top: A couple of siamese twins were born in a local hospital, but tragically they were not able to be separated and both died...one of the students with a staff member's child...The next photo is of Rose, the wife of the school's principal, Elly, and their three children and a friend...Finally, I even got a chance to carry my cook's youngest at one time, though he didn't like being on a white man's back...many children would run away crying at the sight of me...suppose that really opens me up to ridicule....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home