DNA Travels On

This blog is designed to keep people in touch with the goings on of my time spent in Aringa, Uganda located in the Northwest part of the country during the summer and fall of 2006.

Name:
Location: Newark, Delaware, United States

Born in Scotland to an Englishman and American gal, I should have know that my life would end up being a mix of cultural experiences! First stop, Taipei, Taiwan.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Enjoying Kampala


My last days in Uganda were spent zooming around Kampala city roads on a taxi...Uganda style. I had a great time with Joel Aita, the son of the director for the organization I worked with. He wed on October 7, so I was fortunate to be able to share some of his time while he is busy preparing all the wedding festivities. Though I did get to attend one of his wedding meetings and contribute to the cause of a fellow brother!


Joel and Jane got to enjoy shrimp and lobster for the first time ever as I took them out to a Hibachi restaurant. The shrimp was a hit, but the lobster was a no go. They were both brave for trying!
Other activities included perusing potential property purchases for plot planning!

(Special thanks go out to Mr Kralik for my introduction to alliteration in 11th grade AP Comp...) I thought the views from this particular location were especially nice! Lake Victory lies in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home